Our boy is growing! Preston's day-by day countdown finally ended on August 25th as he started kindergarten. He was sooooo excited to go to school.
We dropped him off to the madhouse they call the first day of school amongst herds of parents and children. Preston seemed to fit right in and was very comfortable with his teacher and the setting. Upon returning home and further interrogations, the toughest part of the day for him was lunch. We sent him to school with a lunchable, but it didn't occur to us that he may not know how to eat a lunchable. Apparently, after finally getting the darn thing open, and making his first cracker goodness, lunch was over and he had to throw it all away. That was the only time he cried (says Preston.)
Now Preston loves coming home and telling us about EVERY detail of his day (except for the bad... we find he brings that up later prefaced by, "Dad, I want to tell you something but don't want you to be mad..." then he tells us about something else that made him cry. He loves telling us that everyone wants to be his friend, that his school had a race and he won, that they did a pledge of allegiance to Texas and not to America, and so on.
He seems to be doing well and taking it in stride. Go Preston.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Go Preston! School can be scary and he sounds like he is doing great! How is everything else going? I was thinking about you yesterday and ment to call, but you know how it goes with a 3 year old and an 8 month old!
Hey guys! I ran into your blog somehow and thought I'd say hello! Good luck to Preston in school and I love the ballet pictures - I'm looking forward to that! Are you guys living in Texas now?
Lisel Zito
stamphappy58@yahoo.com
Oh my word. What a funny kid. Too bad your kid wasn't smart enough to eat a lunchable though. Good thing he is big enough to bully everyone who makes fun of him! Jk What a great story.
Wow, he sounds like a great Kid. I can't believe you have a child old enough for kindergarten. I swear it was just yesterday you were wondering if you should go sit on Adams lap. By the way what are you doing in Texas?
It was so good to talk to you last night. I am still getting to know people around here so it was fun to hear a friendly voice. Abby misses your kids so much.
Michelle - I found your blog! Do you remember me? You watched Derek for me a little over a year ago, but moved shortly after. Anyway - You're in TX?! How fun! It looks like your beautiful family is doing great -- You deserve it!
Post a Comment