Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Celebrating our independence











We had a fabulous 4th of July weekend. I've decided that I am one lucky girl to be born in a Country where independence is celebrated. What a blessed thing to have the freedoms that we enjoy. Not only does it give an excuse for a day off, but a reason to spend time with family and friends which I can never get enough of.
This 4th of July in particular, I was sad to be missing out on the traditional Ranch Celebration. If you've been, you'll understand my longing for dirt, squeaky porch swings and cowboy hats (my Dad's anyway), all which are a good cure for anything.
So, to keep myself from taking the first flight out there (which there aren't any), We packed our day with some fabulous, unforgettable events...
Can I just tell you the kids were STOKED. Preston and Kailee decorated their bikes with red shimmering streamers and eah had a flag. That morning we went to the Spencer's home and enjoyed a delicious breakfast with some great families. From there we paired up with the Tredwell's and went to the parade. The kids were so adorable and thrilled to be in it, it was such a joy to watch. I can't tell you how much fun they had in their brief (I mean brief) moment. At the end they had big blow-up slides, hot-dogs, drinks and a magician. What Fun! We spent the rest of the evening at the Clarks for a super duper BBQ, we watched the fireworks from their backyard (They were practically in their backyard)
It was all enough to fill our ranch void and exhaust us through the following day. We had a great time.
We've been blessed to have so many friends take us under their wings. How refreshing to think about my thoughts at this time a year ago... unsure of the future ahead of us, but confident that we wouldn't be alone in the journey. We are grateful this 4th of July that so many people, with their independence, have chosen our family (with all our quirks)as friends. Good times.

7 comments:

Annie Duckworth said...

How fun. They looked so cute! Can't wait to see you guys next week.

matt and alex said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
We sure did miss you all though!

Julie Poll said...

Michelle, your family is so cute! I got your phone message and I will email you the dates we will be in Utah and Vegas. Hopefully we can connect and see each other.

Michelle said...

The pictures are so cute Michelle. We missed you on the 4th and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Stucki Family said...

Cute pics! It looks like fun! Hope to see you guys soon!

Sarah said...

Michelle, your blog is so cute. You have such an adorable family!!

Mardee Rae said...

Thanks for hanging out with us for some of that 4th! your fam looks so great in their red, white, and blue, and your sentiments about having good friends who have taken you under their wings....did you read my mind? Thanks for doing the same for us. Have fun in Utah!